Bluehost: Company Background
Bluehost has been around for more than 2 decades. That’s how much hosting experience they have had. They are actually one of the pioneers in this industry.
The company was created back in 1996. Today it is one of the biggest hosting companies around the world. They currently host more than 2 million websites on the internet.
They have also developed a strong relationship with the WordPress community and thus they have been named as the official WordPress.org recommended hosting service.
The company was founded by Danny Ashworth and Matt Heaton. The company is based in Provo, Utah and they have their headquarters there. You can use bluehost coupon for bettor discount.
Bluehost: The Itty Gritty Details
Let’s go over the details of the pros and cons of Bluehost’s service. Of course no company is perfect and with millions of sites and thousands of customers it will be common find both pro and nay sayers.
We all know how important a metric a website’s uptime is. Frequent outages are no less than bad business. It should be noted that Bluehost has made a lot of improvements last year including their uptime.
There used to be a ton of complaints about this metric from customers. The good news is that the company was quick enough to resolve this issue.
Remember that the industry standard uptime is 99.94%. Bluehost is actually able to go up higher. That shows us how reliable this hosting service is. Some even reported to have experienced 99.99% uptime.
If you translate that percentage to the number of outages we experienced during the time we were subscribed to their cheapest plan, we only had 5 outages in 12 months. check out bluehost review
One important related factor to uptime is the number of attacks the company’s servers get. We can say that every web hosting company will have some hackers trying to break in from time to time.
The security Bluehost provides is pretty robust. But nobody and no computer system is truly 100% impregnable. DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) attacks on their servers back in August of 2017 caused a huge outage.
Nevertheless, in spite of that big hit they were able to recover thus they were able to reduce the damage that was caused. Since then they have beefed up their security and their numbers have significantly improved since then.
Do they still have down times?
The answer is yes. However, it isn’t that frequent. A good estimate would be one down time every 3 or 4 months. Now that is a significant improvement compared to how they were one to two years ago.
Remember that no web hosting company can guarantee 100% uptime. It’s just impossible in the real world. You need to schedule server maintenance, there’s going to be hardware or software malfunction at one point, and a lot of other contributing factors.
You can say that Bluehost has learned a lot from the previous security breach that they have experienced a few years back. Nowadays they have truly excelled when it comes to providing protection.
If you sign up with them, your web properties will be provided with several layers of protection that will help prevent the most common risks and attacks.
They furnish their customers with three layers of spam protection, which includes Spam Hammer, Spam Experts, and SpamAssassin.
DDoS is another cyber-attack that can cause you a lot of headaches. What happens is that your site will be sent a lot of fake traffic, which basically overloads everything. Try hosting for free on Bluehost black friday deals days.
Bluehost protects you from this type of attack using CloudFlare. Other forms of protection that this hosting company provides include the following:
- Hotlink protection
- SSH access so you can have secure web sessions
- Two factor authentication
- GPG/OpenPGP encryption
- IP address blacklisting
- Token validation
- SSL security certificate
- Optional filters
Check This Also:
- Hostgator Review & Coupon
- SiteGround Review & Coupon
- A2 Hosting Review & Coupon
- Cloudways Review & Promo Code
- Wpengine Review & Coupon
- Dreamhost Review & Coupon
- Greengeeks Review & Coupon
Application Rich Dashboard
The Bluehost dashboard is also rich with a variety of applications that have been proven useful. These apps can be integrated into your site directly through cPanel.
Some of these apps and features include the following:
- Google Apps – these apps can be integrated into the Bluehost control panel. That means you don’t have to switch from one page to the other just to get things set up.
- MOJO Marketplace – this is a type of shopping cart software. You can install and run it yourself or hire a developer to manage the system for you.
- CloudFlare – this is a popular CDN service, which is known to help boost a site’s speed. On top of that, as stated earlier, CloudFlare also protects your site from malicious attacks.
- eCommerce Features – these features allow you to setup an online store seamlessly. You also get plenty of shopping cart options to make things easier for your customers.
- Inmotion Hosting Review & Coupon
- Justhost Review & Coupon
- Hostpapa Review & Coupon
- Liquid Web Review & Coupon
- Hostwinds Review & Coupon
- WPX Hosting Review & Coupon
- Wix Review & Coupon
WordPress.org Recommended Host
There are literally thousands of webhosts today and yes a lot of them have good support for WordPress. Choosing one or even a few of these hosts as the best would be quite daunting.
However, in spite of the competition, Bluehost made it as one of the best hosts for WordPress sites. If one of the world’s biggest content management system recommends this web host then it does mean a lot.
That also means it is worth checking out what Bluehost and other recommended hosting companies have to offer.
Who is Bluehost Best Suited For?
After considering all of the details mentioned above, we believe that Bluehost is best suited for the following types of users:
- Website owners who are on a budget and are just looking for general purpose webhosting
- WordPress users who need access to more features that they can integrate into their site. This works great if you want an support team of WordPress experts.
- Small and large business owners
- If you are looking for an experienced company that has extensive website hosting experience then Bluehost may be the right pick for you.