In this Siteground review we will go over what this web host has to offer, what’s good about them, and of course the downsides as well. We will also check out the stats and make recommendations as to who their service is best suited for.
Pros and Cons in a Glance
The following is a gist of the upsides and downsides of Siteground’s hosting service. We’ll go over the details in the discussion on siteground coupon that comes after.
- Above average uptime
- Every hosting plan comes with a free SSL certificate
- Integrates CloudFlare for better security and performance
- Customers are allowed to choose their preferred server locations.
- Loads of free services included in each plan
- Cloud hosting is pretty robust and reliable
- Dedicated hosting allows you to configure CPU, storage, RAID, and RAM as needed
- Customer service is top notch compared to other hosting companies.
- They don’t offer large storage space with each hosting plan
- There aren’t any shared hosting plans that are payable month to month. All shared hosting is paid 12, 24, or 36 months.
- Hosting plan prices are a bit too high. But they make up for that with reliable and quality service. That’s going to be the tradeoff you will have to think about.
- Data transfer allowances are a bit lower compared to other hosts. For instance, their dedicated hosting plans usually give you 10 TB of data transfers allowed. There are hosts that give you 15 TB allowance.
- They have a reseller hosting service but it doesn’t provide you with a lot of flexible options—but at least they have it offered (plenty of improvements to be made in this department)
- One more disadvantage of Siteground if you want save big money on sitegound hosting than you will need to wait until Siteground black friday deals comes.
They do not offer any Windows server options, which can be a downside for some developers. But if you don’t need that resource then you’re good to go siteground review read.
Enterprise hosting is suited for big businesses that require a tremendous amount of traffic. The web traffic of course comes from within the company’s operations as well as those from customers and leads.
The websites that will be hosted here are the ones that will have truly challenging server requirements.
The big difference about Siteground’s Enterprise Hosting service is that there are no fixed hosting plans.
To sign up for enterprise hosting, you will need to get in touch with the Siteground team for consultation. You will discuss the specific build of the server that you will need, how much traffic are you expecting, and other requirements that you will need.
They will need to know if you will need certain specifications for the setup like an architecture that is geographically dispersed, whether you need a public or private cloud configuration, and if you need a single instance setup or not.
Siteground will fully manage the hosting infrastructure so that you, the customer, can concentrate on your business. The entire setup is completely scalable.
Every detail is customizable. If you want to develop your custom workflow then you can.
All you have to do is to contact the Siteground team and discuss your options.
They can help you create your own or if you already have one, the team will work with you so that it can be integrated into the host’s prepared solutions.
- Hostgator Review & Coupon
- Bluehost Review & Coupon
- A2 Hosting Review & Coupon
- Cloudways Review & Promo Code
- Wpengine Review & Coupon
- Dreamhost Review & Coupon
- Greengeeks Review & Coupon
Are there any downsides to their enterprise level hosting? Well, there is one. It’s an absolutely great offer—there’s no way we can take anything away from what they are already providing to their clients.
The only drawback is that the architecture Siteground uses is based on Linux containers. Well, of course, there we go again. It’s the same issue earlier. If you need a Windows based platform then your options are a bit limited here.
Dedicated hosting puts your website in a dedicated server for your website—that means you don’t share the resources with other users or customers.
Yes it is more expensive but it does give your site a lot more power compared to shared options.
Siteground’s dedicated hosting services allow you to host your website on a high end dedicated server. You get to choose from different server configurations.
The servers are posted on select locations, which give you the best of what the company has to offer.
Siteground staff manages the machine you rent, monitor its performance 24/7, and updates its software as needed.
You are given three server configurations: Entry Server, Power Server, and Super Power Server.
The Entry Server option gives you a machine that has a CPU Clock Speed of 3.20 Ghz. For storage you get an Intel Xeon E3-1230 SSD with 480 GB.
Your machine will have 16 GB DDR3 RAM. It will also be outfitted with 4 CPU Cores and 8 CPU Threads. This package will cost you $269 a month.
- Inmotion Hosting Review & Coupon
- Justhost Review & Coupon
- Hostpapa Review & Coupon
- Liquid Web Review & Coupon
- Hostwinds Review & Coupon
- WPX Hosting Review & Coupon
- Wix Review & Coupon
This dedicated hosting option gives you a machine that has a CPU clock speed of 3.50 Ghz.
When it comes to storage options you will be allotted an Intel Xeon E3-1270 SSD drive with a 960 GB capacity.
Your machine will also have 32 GB DDR3 RAM as well as 8 MB CPU Cache.
It will also be powered by 4 CPU Cores with 8 CPU Threads. Taking this option will cost you $349 a month.
Super Power Server
This is the best that Siteground has to offer when it comes to dedicated hosting.
Your machine will have a CPU clock speed of 2.00 Ghz.
For storage options, your machine will be outfitted with a pair of Intel Xeon E5-2630 SSD drives with a total capacity of 2×960 GB each on RAID 1.
For RAM, your machine will have 64 GB DDR3 with a CPU Cache of 15 MB. Your machine will have a pair of 6 CPU Cores and 12 CPU Threads.
Getting the Super Power Server will cost you $729 a month.
all of these dedicate hosting options will come with a bandwidth allowance of 10 TB of data transfers each month.
Now, that will be enough for some webmasters but others will have need for more bandwidth.
That is why we are a little bit on the fence on this.
However, another thing that may be a bit of a disappointment for some web developers is that Siteground only has Linux base dedicated servers.
If you prefer to use Windows operating systems then you may encounter a problem here.